Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mom Thoughts

Heard from Jake about last night... He said it was rough but not horrible. Dempsey has an MRI scheduled for 10:30am and the bad news is it requires MORE anesthesia. We are not happy about that for several reasons, the first of which is HE HAS NO FOOD IN HIM since he threw up what little he did have up yesterday. The blessing of anesthesia is no fear, no anxiety, no awareness.

Just talked with Sawyer and my mom this morning. Sawyer is excited for day 3 of science camp and the LA Arboretum. That kid is being loved on in ways I couldn't have imagined. Thank you, Monica and family, for offering to handle this special treat for him. I filled him in on what Dempsey's day looks like today and let him ask me questions or tell me whatever he wanted. He is such a sweet, sweet boy. Mature beyond his years in many ways. Yesterday we had this (paraphrased) conversation:
S: If I get sick soon, you'll know God answered my prayer.
Me: Are you feeling sick?
S: No.
Me: Okay, then, what prayer?
S: That God would change Dempsey's sickness for mine.
Do y'all get what he's saying? My eight year old son is telling me that he has asked God to give HIM the sickness instead of Dempsey. Can you even......??

As I was processing with Carisa last night, I realized something- I asked for this journey. Not for cancer specifically but for what cancer means. For years I have been praying the following as part of my evening/ night time prayers with our family: "... give us a united Kingdom purpose..." Hello! Don't tell me God doesn't answer prayers. I've never seen a Kingdom purpose as crystal clear as what we're living through right now!! Don't let the how God answered my prayer stop your from praying because of fear, for whatever God brings to you he will get you through. Not quite how you think he should but how you ultimately need him to.

It's amazing how quickly feeling can leave a person's body. I mean, just gone... leaving numbness and a wake of wrought nerves.

4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how God works. We are all connected by Dempsey. Whether we are a friend, family or both, we all love Dempsey. We all want to help and we all want to fix the issues, yet only God can fix Dempsey. So we pray for healing and comfort. We are all coming together and pooling our resources, money, energy, spiritual strength, and hugs to help everyone get through this. Why do we do this? Because a man once loved us so much that he took on our pain and suffering so that we might live. In my own heart I understand but a fraction of that love. If I could take on the pain and suffering for Dempsey I would. But none of us have to because Jesus did that for him long ago. Amazing how God works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sawyer...that boy of yours...gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes. I just want to weep...so much emotion. I can't even. LOVE him. LOVE little Red. LOVE you guys! You know our hearts are with you each and every step of the way. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, ON EARTH as it is in Heaven... and give us this day OUR DAILY BREAD..." Matthew 6:10-11. He will provide what you need daily to live His will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, ON EARTH as it is in Heaven... and give us this day OUR DAILY BREAD..." Matthew 6:10-11. He will provide what you need daily to live His will.

    ReplyDelete