Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ear Tubes- complete post

** the whole post was not submitted previously**

Pre and post op. My baby is in enough pain they gave him MORPHINE! What the hell? This was supposed to be a simple procedure and was supposed to relieve his pain, not cause even more. How do I tell him I lied to him?

Yes, there was some relief for his right ear but his left is still dealing with infection and pain. His right ear received a tube, his left did not. His left ear still has an incision but with the severity of swelling of his ear canal the tube wasn't able to be placed. Pray that this works and that the drops they'll give him eliminate all infection and resolve all pain NOW.

Oh lord the beeping of machines and the smell of this hospital is nauseating.

Pray that my skin thickens and that I don't forget how to breathe. I feel like just as he begins to strengthen and thrive they knock him down again.

Tomorrow brings even more procedures, drigs, pokes, and prods.

I'm a mess. I'm sure Jake is too but he holds it together better than I do.

I beg you all to keep praying for Dempsey and our family.

**As of 5:30pm Dempsey is still sleeping off the anesthesia and morphine. The only reason I want to wake him is because it has been 18 hrs since he ate last.

9 comments:

  1. Praying for your strength, and for the strength of the rest of us to hold you up when you can't hold yourself up. Those sounds and smells represent the scary unknown and lack of control, but also the blessings of this age of medicine which brings hope of healing and survival that past generations didn't have. Call me if you need ANYTHING. I love you guys. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for Dempsey and for the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kenagy Family,

    I just viewed this e-mail from my Mom Mary and it brought me to tears. I am blessed to have formed a relationship with your family, and I am praying for you all.

    I will add prayers for Dempsey and the family to my community group as well.

    Katie, Mary, & Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pokes and prods will lead to health. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand your frustration. I feel for everything you and your family are going through. So many people are lifting you up in prayer. We will be praying for you in our community group as well. I am praying that when your baby wakes up his pain will have subsided. I read every post to Brea and my husband. We have you in our hearts. ❤️🙏✝

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't lie to your child... YOU were misinformed and passed along what you believed to be true. Praying for comfort for you as much as for sweet Dempsey. Praying pain relief for him, swelling in second ear to go down, that the tube he did get will do the intended job, and flu is quickly conquered. Praying for rest and a thick skin for you and Jake, and comfort and understanding for Sawyer as well. Love to you all... Arleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Arleen. You are not perfect (and neither is the medical team) and you can only impart the information you've been given. You didn't lie. Don't beat yourself up, my friend. Much love and prayers to you and your family.

      Delete
  8. Praying for pain relief for Dempsey and Stress relief for you Coral. So happy to hear of God's blessings that Dempsey didn't need another transfusion. God is good. Please let us know if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete