Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Reframing of Vocabulary

When people ask you "How are you doing?", how do you respond? "Good." "Great." "Can't complain."

I used to say "Good" all the time. Now, when people ask me that question I just stare at them blankly because there are too many words to fit into such a fleeting greeting.

What does "good" mean anyway?  Good used to mean just that, good. Now "good" means "I'm breathing", "I'm standing", or "My baby is still alive."

Every. Single. Word. is now on a spectrum.

"Healthy" is another word that has had its definition upended.

It used to mean no sickness, no sickness in a long time, vitality, able to enjoy life how I wanted, when I wanted.

Now? Now "healthy" means "not as sick as once was but still very sick".

Lets talk about "tired" while we're at it. Tired used to mean "I've been up too long, need to go to sleep." I used to use "tired" when I had done a ton of yard work and worked my muscles good. Now, "tired" means "I woke up and my emotions are still running amuck and using all my RAM so I have very little space/ capacity to function."

So many words that are in our every day vocabulary have been reframed since April 3rd. I feel like they will be reframed even more still in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment