Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Saturday Pics

What my bed looked like this morning because Jake was catching a little more sleep on the sofa.

A bag of lovelies from my friends Amy and Jessica who, God bless them, held and hosted a doTERRA fundraiser. I hear tale of a husband (not in attendance) who is sleeping better these nights because of the oils his wife purchased at this very fundraising event. Oils for the win-win!

You guys... I have NEVER had tulips before in my life! They are gorgeous. (Yes, dad, I used the word gorgeous.)  As you will see below, the lovely message that came with these beauties didn't have a name. So what do you do when that happens in this era of social media? You post a public declaration of gratitude and hope the sender claims responsibility. She did. Her name is Geri and she is amazingly thoughtful. Y'all, I cannot tell you how awesome it is to receive blessings like this from people who had their heart tugged and then acted on that. Priceless. I may not have the flowers themselves forever but I will have these photos and this memory.

Every day I hop on this page to check it. Not because of greed, but because this number represents more than money. It shows me the hearts of humans. The love that people are pouring over us in honor of our son. The support people are showing Dempsey (and us) through this journey. It proves to me there is GOOD in this world. It reminds me that kindness, no matter the size, matters and leaves a lasting imprint on the heart.

Sawyer. Oh, Sawyer. So much wonderful wrapped up in this growing body. So much big brother too. This kid can go from deep affection to needless pestering in no time flat! Thankfully some things haven't changed.

What else do you do after a solid 2 miles of Jeeping but come inside, snuggle with Daddy, and watch countless trailers for movies. Chuckles. Laughs. Head shakes. And a palm to the face... by Dempsey.

THIS IS LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment