Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday

Jake took Dempsey to CHOC this morning for another chemo infusion. This is number 2 of 4 for this week.

It went well. Took a little while to be seen but went smoothly.

Docs wanted Dempsey to poop since he didn't yesterday. He just knocked that one out a short while ago. *thumbs up* Suck it up, folks, us cancer families celebrate ALL KINDS OF BODILY FUNCTIONS amid this ride. ;-)

Dempsey helped me make a toasted cheese and ham sandwich when he got home. He loves to help in the kitchen. I try to foster that desire in him all the while curbing my I-want-it-done-now-and-right mentality.

Then, he needed some time to sort out his emotions... or get some distance from some frustration. Sawyer wanted to do costume time. Dempsey had agreed originally and then changed his mind, much to Sawyer's chagrin.

While Dempsey was going potty, he asked to play wii. I reminded him that Sawyer wanted to play dart guns with him. He agreed to play. I gently encouraged him "Remember you're agreement." He replied, "I know... let my yes be yes and my no be no." Awesome!

Now, he has Sawyer are playing dart guns out back. *thumbs up* I hear whistle sounds too. Good times.


Supporters,
Thank you so much for your prayers and various methods of support. I cannot begin to tell you the positive impact you are having on our hearts and lives. Dempsey's journey would surely be a different one without you. The Lord certainly has his fingerprints on this experience. Don't get me wrong, if I could avoid it, I would- like the plague. But, alas, I cannot. Several of you have told me that God chose me (us) because we are strong. I respectfully disagree. I am weak! We are weak! However, we ARE teachable. I think THAT is why the Lord saw fit to bless us with this storyline. We are learning so very much through it and I pray that we leave a legacy that honors God and brings him glory for all to see.
May He, the God who knows all, hears all, sees all, created all... be with you in tangible ways.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment