Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Friday, November 18, 2016

A Mini-Sized Worry

Dempsey was looking a little forlorn in the tub tonight. I asked him "Is it okay if I worry about you a little bit?" He said "Sure. I mini size amount."

He also admitted to me that he is sad about his hair falling out. He tells me it doesn't hurt, physcially, but that he misses his hair. I'm glad he can verbalize that. I've sensed this being true for some time now but he has never confessed as much.

I also think the constant port in, port out this week was hard on him. He never shed a tear or complained, but his spark seems a little less bright. He still chose to NOT stay accessed and we honored that decision. So, instead of one port in with a port out 4 days later, he was accessed 5 times this week. 5 times a needle went in and out of his chest. That doesn't include the needle that went into his spine. My spark has all but gone out.

Please keep those prayers coming. We need them ever so badly. Some of you know how hard this journey is. Some of you don't, and I pray you never do. Trust us, hard doesn't begin to encapsulate all that this journey is. God is faithful. In our weakness he is there. It's a beautiful reality that I wish all people could know.

We love you. We are grateful for you, all!

3 comments:

  1. Coral, maybe if you make a big deal about shaving his head, he'll feel more in control of that. Even let him shave some himself. Would Sawyer or Jake go super short in support of him? I know Andrew was a LOT older but his long hair was super important to him. He shaved it himself one night. Love you guys so much. I just want to squeeze that precious little guy of yours! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lidy, Dempsey doesn't want to cut his hair. We keep asking. We want HIM to make the decision... at least I do. Jake goes back and forth between just telling D how it's going to be or letting D lead what he can, since so much of this journey is out of his control. Such a fine line to walk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing what's best...letting him control what little he can. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete