Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Night #1- A Success

We did it! Dempsey did it! Our family survived night #1 at home. Praise God, for he is good.

Sawyer woke up first. I heard him in the bathroom and then listened as he went and handled the cat stuffs- food, water, litter box. He started loving on Lakota (white kitty) and the kitty got a little mouthy. That's when I got out of bed so I could shut my bedroom door and allow Jake to keep sleeping. Sawyer read for a little while. Then I heard Dempsey call "Daddy." So I quickly made my way to his room in the hopes that Jake wouldn't wake. It didn't work. When I got to Dempsey in his room he proudly told me he just finished going pee (in the makeshift urinal by his bed). He grabbed his blanket and "Batwing" (a Batman figure with wings). I scooped him up and carried him to the living room where Sawyer was waiting. It was a lovely round of "Good morning, Sawyer- Good morning, Dempsey."

I made our normal NeoLife protein shakes for breakfast. Feels so good to pull on that familiar life thread.

Now the boys are watching some Batman and Friends that was gifted to them recently. Lots of boy sounds make this mama's heart so happy.

Today is an easy day. No appointments. No line accessing. Just rest and getting reacquainted with life at home. Oh, and some grocery shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Kenagy family, and congratulations on getting through your first night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for back to common things and anchors... even if that's only NeoLife Shakes!! Glad it was a good night and the makeshift peepot worked.

    ReplyDelete