Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Emotional, Psychological Advances

Dempsey has been really struggling recently with going to bed and staying there. He cites having bad thoughts... but we're going on a week now. The bad thoughts he has are about things that haven't happened and aren't going to happen. Honestly, this happens during the day, too. Something will get said or done and he'll start crying because it made him think a bad (scary) thought.

Y'all, I don't know what to do about this. I'm getting frustrated because this is EVERY night. He goes to bed fine and within 10 minutes he is out of his bedroom and in ours wanting to talk. Not really needing to talk about the bad thoughts, just talk. It doesn't matter if we sit down with him during the day one-on-one, nighttime still brings this scenario.

I'm getting really close to just making it where he's not allowed to come out of his room for anything other than using the bathroom.

We've done magnet work, prayer, positive self-talk, rebuking demons and negative energy, essential oils, exercise in the evening, no tech before bed, etc. We've done ALL THE THINGS. Still, he is out of his bedroom as I type, talking to Jake. Typically he wants me but I'm purposely not available. I know that sounds harsh but I'm really trying to figure out what this issue is.

Prayers for all of us as we walk Dempsey through what I think is a psychological leveling-up, if you will. My grace stores are naturally low but now it's cutting into the precious and coveted time I have with my man, one on one. We don't get that much right now because our support structure is back in CA. That's fine... but we still need our time and this bad thought stuff is messing with it. I want my boy to be healthy in all respects, and that includes his mental state. He is the priority right now as there seems to be something "wrong". I'm praying we can figure this out ASAP, get him back on a good routine, and get Jake and I some good hubby-wifey time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment