Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Sweet Exchange

Setting the stage...

ME [in the kitchen, cleaning and prepping the boys' diffuser for the night]
Dempsey [playing Clone Wars Lego on the wii in the living room]

Me: Dempsey?
Dempsey: Yeah?
Me: Is there the lavender oil on the table?
Dempsey: Yes.
Me: Can you bring it to me please?
Dempsey: Oh sure.

Dempsey [enters kitchen]

Dempsey: What are you doing, Mom?
Me: Getting the diffuser ready for Sawyer so he only has to plug it in when he gets home.
Dempsey: Aw, that's so sweet.
Me: Well, thank you.
Dempsey: You're welcome.

Dempsey [scampers off to the living room again]
Me [heart melting, thanking God for my sweet boy]


Moments like this are one way, I believe, God fills in some of my emotional, psychological, mental, spiritual, physical cracks. He gives me just enough beauty to distract me from the darkness that lingers, waiting to descend once more on my weak soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment