Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Legacy

Lately the concept of "legacy" has been playing in my mind and challenging my heart. Dempsey's cancer diagnosis was a decided fork in our road. Our options, suit up and fight, or cower and curl up under the covers of denial. Thankfully we have a deep-rooted faith in Jesus Christ. We have been blessed to grow up in homes that had Bibles, cars that carried us to church every Sunday, and where prayer was a familiar language. It can be very tempting to dwell in the land of Why Me and to feel overwhelmed (like we do at times) when life seems to come crashing down around you. I hope our story and our example of what it looks like to lean into the Holy Spirit encourages you when your sky starts to fall.

This song is exactly what I want to share. It is a prayer of mine that I leave a legacy worthy of the Lord's approval. Oh, to hear Him say "Well done, my good and faithful servant." What honey to my ears that would be... without all the sticky ickiness, of course. My soul longs to leave a legacy of faith, trust, obedience to the Lord, courage, honesty, openness, realness, meaningful dialog, and a blog with thousands of views. Okay, so I'm still a tad narcissistic. I want to be able to look back on this journey and see that I was a vessel for the Spirit's work. I want to see God's fingerprints all over my past. I want to know my children KNOW HIM, love him, and choose to be obedient of his teachings.

Enjoy.

*

What do you want your legacy to look like? What would you like people to put on your tombstone? What are you doing now to ensure those things happen?

YOUR LEGACY HAS ALREADY STARTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment