Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Friday, May 20, 2016

Melts My Heart

Dempsey just came out to give me love... like he always does right before going to bed. Precious rituals. He was going on and on about Star Wars Lego wii game and how they still need to get Slave One (a bounty hunter's ship). I love when he explains things to me using his verbiage and hand gestures. Precious. I wish you could hear his sweet voice.

As he walks down the hall to his room, this happens:
"Goodnight, Mom."

"Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you, too. Have a good time sleeping with Daddy."

"Ok, I will."

This sweet boy says the sweetest things. What makes it magical is that he means it. His heart is just  ON IT.

While he was explaining things to me, I was thinking wow... all this junk that's going in his body, all that his body is fighting... and his mind is still completely in tact. He can think clearly, articulate his thoughts, ask good questions, process life, exude happiness, pray honestly, etc, etc.

God is so good. Yes, this journey is unthinkable and hard and scary. Yes, we wish it wasn't happening. Yes, we are scared for our baby. Yes, it's an emotional roller coaster. But God knew this was our story. God grew Dempsey inside my womb knowing his body was going to bear this burden. With that knowledge, God decided to give Dempsey to US. That tells me God believed in us. He believed we were the perfect pair (plus one Sawyer) to walk with Dempsey through leukemia. There is a strength that comes from that. Are we on our knees praying that this cup will pass us? Totally. But, until the Lord decides to remove it miraculously or through the drawn out practice that is the standard of care... we will continue to ask you to support us with prayer and however else you feel led to.

No comments:

Post a Comment