Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Monday, May 16, 2016

A Hard Conversation Followed by God's Confirmation

A card came in the mail today. It came about an hour after I had a hard conversation with my employer. You see, I had to tell them I won't be returning to work. *tears* There is just no way. Looking at the schedule of Dempsey's current treatment plan, there is simply no way Jake and I can both work. There are many weeks where Dempsey will have to go to CHOC at least four times. That's a lot. That's a lot and it's not even taking into account the high likelihood of Dempsey being inpatient for fevers or colds.

I hung up the phone with a very heavy heart. Parkville has been my family since 2005. While working there I got married, bought Kamatz (cat), had Sawyer, bought a minivan, went through a family tragedy & buried my aunt (2008), got Lakota (cat), bought a house, buried my Granny (2011), buried my Granddad (2011), had Dempsey, became a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, had knee surgery, buried my Grandma (2015) has LASIK, etc. This is just MY life and doesn't take into account what I experienced in the lives of my amazing coworkers. Family, I tell you, family.

So, I said a tentative-but-probably-permanent good-bye to my Parkville family. What God did next, within the hour, is indescribable.

Back to the card, here's what it said:
Ps 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  *Sound like anyone you know? Hint: it's me.* 
Praying for His strength to sustain you on your journey. 

It goes one to say,
Dear Jacob, Coral, Sawyer, and Dempsey- I'm praying for your family. I hope this gift will encourage you that God will provide all you need (even if you can't get back to working right away, Coral). In Christ's love, ___________.
I'm not going to share the friend's name because I wouldn't want to embarrass them or cause them unwanted attention. Suffice it to say, this person was a willing vessel of God's love and provision. The words they used come straight from the Father and speak right to my (our) heart. They couldn't have known I was going to have that hard conversation with my employer. No one knew. Not even me, until this afternoon.

I haven't even mentioned what came IN the card. It was a check. It was a check that covered a month's salary for me. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. God blessed someone with enough to bless me with enough. It is a beautiful thing, God's economy.

To the friend who sent this card, I (we) thank you. From the very depths of our hearts we thank you. You are selfless, obedient, willing, loving, caring, supportive, and you bless us.
 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer Warriors we unite in 💕🙏🏼. God is faithful 😢💕🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, confirmation and a sweet gift from the Lord, the Sustainer. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! It's wonderful to see HIS saints give when they are blessed. I've had that happen a few times too, and it just confirms... How Great Is Our God... and the beauty of giving hearts!

    ReplyDelete