Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Mercies for Today

Your prayers ARE being answered affirmatively!

Today my main goal was to be PRESENT in each moment and not allow myself to drift into the future beyond what I had to be aware of. I prayed for that. You prayed for that. I was able to accomplish said task because of a merciful and prayer-answering God.

Tangent: When I say a "prayer-answering God" that's coming from a selfish place. A place where I want him to answer my prayers with a "yes" and not a "no". However, "no" is also a valid, albeit unpleasant, answer from an omniscient Father. Sometimes we parents tell our kids "no" when the answer they want to their plea is "yes". We know better. Just as God knows better. I am working to lean into HIS knowing better. It's hard. Tangent, done.

As I woke up, I heard sounds of Dempsey spitting up. I found Jake sitting with him on the couch and one of those lovely green disposable puke catchers. It was a small amount and Dempsey didn't really seem too bothered by it. Praise God.

Jake went in to work around lunch time. That's when the boys and I left to go hang out with Granddad (my dad). I dropped the boys off and did a quick run to Vons to get the "props" for tonight's adventures in pill taking- wide straws and Jello. I didn't know which method was going to work so I bought for both. Keep reading to find out which one won.

Dempsey, Sawyer, and I went to the CHOC clinic for Dempsey's 2:30 appointment. He had Charmaine as his nurse again. I'm not sure who was more excited. We saw Bonnie, per usual, and Dana. Some "oooo-ing" and "aaahhhhhh-ing" over my boys. Makes a mama's heart happy.

Infusion went smooth. Boys played PlayStation to pass the time. Sawyer got to meet two arena football players from LA KISS. I love how these people and activities are for the patients but our patient isn't interested. So, big bro scores and enjoys the frills. Whatever works.

Dempsey slept on the drive home and was eager to play once we got home.

Today there have been no negative side effects, aside from that little incident in the early morning. Praise God.

We are still trying to find out things that work for Dempsey and us in this phase of treatment.

Lots of technology. This is hard to swallow but it's for a season. We'll try to walk this back once treatment is over. Survival mode looks different for each family.

So, how did the pill taking go tonight? Well.... IT WENT GREAT! Not perfect, but great. It took SEVERAL attempts and TWO phases but he got a whole pill down. Jell-O for the win, folks. Thanks, Georgi, for the instructions and advice. I split the pill into fourths. I stuck a fourth in a spoonful of Jell-O. He got the first two down no problem. The third started causing problems. So, we stopped. I told him to go play more wii with Sawyer and we would try again later. Yesterday I didn't know you could do that. I know a lot more today than I did yesterday. Profound, right? Anyway, when Jake text me saying he was headed home, I told Dempsey that we'd show Daddy how awesome he was at taking pills. It still took a few attempts while Daddy was cheering him on but man-o-man did we celebrate when that last fourth was down the hatch!

Now, everyone is off to bed.


Prayer requests:
Pray against fevers
Pray against nausea and vomiting
Pray against negative side effects
Pray for courage
Pray for confidence
Pray for wisdom
Pray for miraculous healing
Pray for spontaneous healing
Pray for perfect results of every test
Pray against discomfort
Pray for sound sleep every night
Pray that we find the right rhythm
Pray that Dempsey can articulate what he feels/ thinks
Pray for calm nerves
Pray protection over our marriage and connection between us
Pray protection over Sawyer- last night was really hard on him (when I lost my cool with the pill taking)
Pray as you feel led


WE LOVE YOU AND ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOU- ALL OF YOU!!!!

Chick fil-A Fundraiser: June 7th from 5-8pm @ Chick fil-A La Habra Marketplace

2 comments:

  1. Praying <3 Thank you for continuing to share your families journey. Give those boys a big hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer sent to you.. Donating blood right now for little one. Your sweet Sawyer was in my small group last year in church.. Great kiddo.

    ReplyDelete