Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Kind Of Day Dreams Are Made Of

Today started as any typical Tuesday at Kenagyville. We woke up, some of us later than others, and did morning things. Breakfast, technology, showers, etc. Jake went off to work only to return a short time later to grab something for work. We're so blessed to live so close to his work.

The boys and I were planning to be stuck at home because Dempsey's numbers are really low and we just can't chance taking him places. Here's a selfie with the Demps.

The boys played together famously. Not a fight or moment of bickering. When there was a disagreement they used their words and worked it out, compromising if necessary. It was beautiful.

Around 11am they both mentioned they would like quesadillas for lunch. I swear, this is their go-to meal. It's easy and nutritious enough. So, I told them I would make them in a little bit and they needed to go drink water in the mean time. Not one protest.

Lots of "Yes, Mom" and "Okay, Mom" spoken today and in grateful and thankful tones. Blessings to my ears and my mama heart.

As I prepared their lunch, I put them to work. I had Sawyer peel and cut bananas. Dempsey then took those banana pieces and put them into baggies so we could freeze them for smoothies or shakes at a later time.


(I wish I could get the video of what Dempsey said to play on here... but I can't. Bugger.)

I mean, for reals, this kid... to say "I did this for God", it melts my heart. He and Sawyer were having a discussion about God. I wish I had stopped to record the conversation because I remember my heart melting but I can't remember the particulars now. However, I KNOW God is working in my kid(s). Precious.

As I was cutting their quesadillas, Sawyer asked if he could have an Izze with lunch (a fizzy fruit drink). I said yes and I pulled it out of the fridge and put it on the counter. Dempsey missed this and when the fridge was open he reached in and pulled out a can of Perrier for Sawyer. With brotherly love, pride, and a smile, he handed it to Sawyer and said "Here ya go Thoya (his lisp, you know)... your burp potion." Sawyer just melted and quickly gestured for me to put the Izze back in the fridge for a later time. I'm tell you... these boys make me melt! Dempsey has such a generous, caring spirit. He loves to help and he loves to DO for others. Precious boy. Sawyer is the same way and I know he has been influencing Dempsey.

After lunch I took the boys over to my parent's house because they were getting cabin fever. It is so hard to be stuck at home and unable to really socialize or explore. Thankfully my parent's house is a safe zone and my folks are willing to take the boys for a few hours. I came home and napped because sleep is illusive for me. It was a splendid siesta.

Jake picked the boys up on his way home from work while I started making dinner. Still the boys played together smashingly. Anything I asked them to, they did. No fussing.

We went bike riding and triking around the neighborhood after dinner to get some exercise. Sawyer and I peeled off of the group to "ride fast" around the hood a bit and then Jake and Sawyer peeled off a bit later and I stayed with Dempsey to finish the second leg of his "to the cul de sac and back". We have some routines and "normal" now. Despite Dempsey's counts being so low, he still seems so strong, energetic, and healthy. We are praising God in all moments and celebrating much harder in the days like today.

After riding the boys did some running in the street between our house and the field (Cal High). I was in the back yard watering our garden. They guys came into the back yard when they were all tuckered out and we had some family time out in the coolness of the late evening. The boys, still playing well together and communicating with perfection.

Then came shower time. Again, it went off without any complaints, frustration, or whining. It was smooth and quick. Lovely. Jake did the oil regimen with Demps while I did dishes. Then they started an episode of Hermie the Common Caterpillar (a Max Lucado creation). I joined them a little bit after it started. Dempsey found himself perched in a nest of blankets, Sawyer on the opposite couch, Jake in the rocker, and me trying not to mess up Dempsey's nest next to him. When the episode was over, Dempsey climbs on my lap to give me love and says "God is with us all the time. We don't have to be afraid of anything because God is with us." I said "You are absolutely right. He IS with us." Dempsey said "I have two fings... my blanket and God. I like having two fings." Oh... geez... slurp my heart up off the floor will ya?! Does it get any more precious than that? This kid has his blanket and God and therefore needs nothing else. Oh to be like a child and only need those two fings to feel secure. Precious.

To top all of this off, as he walks to bed from the living room, he is shooting webbing from his hands like Spider-Man does... complete with sound effects. I die.

Lord, thank you for the miracles that filled this day. I pray we can be filled by what we experienced today and that we can take it forward with us. I pray you always remind us YOU are PRESENT with us and that we need not worry. Worry comes so easily, without end, when your child is struggling. You know that, Lord. You prepared to lose your Son so that through him creation could be restored to a communion with you. How precious. How heart-wrenching. How glorious your plan was. A plan that enables me to say things like "I will praise you in this storm". Lord, forgive me when I don't praise you or thank you for all the good times and when I whine, plead, beg during the tough times. You know my heart, Lord. I pray for my Dempsey, my Sawyer, my Jake, and my support network. All are vital in my life. Help me to have a teachable spirit so that I may grow in wisdom and grace and whatever other characteristics you desire for me. Amen


Rest assured, your prayers are working. They are being heard. Even on the tough days and in my doubting your prayers are being heard. Dempsey is doing well, "all things considered". Please keep praying. Keep thinking about him. Keep sending positive vibes his way. He still has a long journey ahead of him and we're told it gets worse before it gets better. So far, Dempsey is doing GREAT! and we know that is because of your prayers and support in part. You are helping make our part that much easier when you bring meals, gift us with necessities (oils, supplements, Amazon list items). Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment