Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Thursday, February 9, 2017

NUDT15 Results

I finally heard back about the genetic test- NUDT15- today.

Good news and bad news.

Good news: no genetic mutation here

Bad news: no genetic mutation here

Why is it the SAME? Because I wanted there to be a mutation so 1. that would explain his intolerance to current 6MP and MTX dosage (aka liver enzymes skyrocketing) and 2. he would move forward with a lower dosage. However, I suppose no mutation is also a good thing.

With a negative result, I now have to dive deeper into research about how his homozygous 1298 MTHFR mutation is at work here. I think I may just approach one of his nine oncologists... the one who believes MTHFR is a thing. Too bad if primary ONC doesn't like that.

I would appreciate prayer over this situation. I need wisdom, clarity, focus. I need the Holy Spirit to guide me to the information that will help Dempsey (and hopefully other kiddos in the future). I need peace about my netxt steps. As always, pray as you feel led.

Also, tangible needs this week are:
Baking Soda for detox baths- wherever you can find it the cheapest
Funds for supplements: www.PayPal.me/coralkenagy
          See chart below for supplement costs.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. At least I can keep praying, even if I don't much understand what I just read.

    ReplyDelete