Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What A Spirit Night | Chick fil-A La Habra

What a Spirit Night! The Holy Spirit was at work at Chick fil-A La Habra last night. I would LOVE to know how many orders were had the "Spirit Night" text on them because there was no way I could keep track of all who came in support of Dempsey. It was magical.

The age of attendees ranged from the very young to the very wise. It was beautiful. Friends who couldn't make it sent their littles with the grandparents to show support. Others sent one representative to pick up food because they knew the place would be packed.

We had kids as door monitors, janitors, drink-refillers, table bussers, serving, and more. We had adults helping with ribbons, taking photos, serving, bussing, and whatever else. Each of them sporting their "I wear ORANGE for DEMPSEY" t-shirts. It was beautiful.

People who came just for dinner, with no knowledge of our event, handed money to our volunteers to give to the family. Beyond buying their meal, others gave cash. I have a feeling one gentleman emptied the current contents of his wallet. I had conversation after conversation after conversation. Hugs upon hugs. So many I love yous! I was blessed with sweet and thoughtful gifts. Towards the end of the event, a couple requested my audience. They were an absolute treat to chat with. The wife wanted to offer her quilt-making skills and make a quilt for Dempsey. How sweet is that? I don't know these people. They simply came in to Chick fil-A for dinner, like normal, and were smacked with a packed place and a Spirit Night in full force. So many divine appointment last night. So many words of heavenly validation. This extrovert was well-filled.

My family wants to give the biggest THANK YOU to all of you who came to support us last night. We also want to thank those of you who couldn't make it but were praying or supporting us in spirit. Through this journey, the Lord continues to show me just how loved we are. It is overwhelming and surprising.

I look forward to sharing a TON of photos with you. Stay tuned...

Okay, moment of transparency... I thought this post was going to be longer and vastly more eloquent. I think that means I'm my version of speechless. There are feelings... oh so many feels... but I don't have the words to explain them.

THANK YOU!

Below is the handout we had at our table last night. Feel free to share it with people.



No comments:

Post a Comment