Biggest Need

MONEY

It's not glamorous. It's not pretty. It's not fun. It's not creative. It's not ingenious. It's not smart. It's not comical.

It is endearing. It is powerful. It is helpful. It is necessary. It is provision. It is humbling. It is impactful. It is peace-providing.

You have two ways you can give: YouCaring & PayPal

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Delayed Intensification Begins

First off, I want to SHOUT my thanks and praise to the Lord! I want to yell it in everyone's face, from the moutain tops, in all CAPS on social media, etc. The Lord is protecting my (our) baby in miraculous ways. Even when my humanity wins, the Lord is faithful and proves Himself loving, merciful, gracious, caring, protective, and- my favorite- PRESENT.

Second, I want to thank ALL OF YOU!! You continuously pray for Dempsey and I promise those prayers are heard and are even being answered in the affirmative. Dempsey is still thriving. Those negative side effects are still sitting on the bench, waiting to get into the game.  Here are photos to show you what life is like for our cancer kid.

DAY 1
Daddy took Dempsey to CHOC EARLY in the morning on Tuesday.

Our baby, post chemo (2 drugs) infusions and lumbar puncture, sleeping off the anesthesia.
It NEVER gets easier watching him lay there, so helpless,
not knowing what he'll feel like when he wakes up.

Just read. Your gut will tell you the rest. 

Our boy, awake, smiling. Hearts grateful.

Aaaaand, lunch. After 2 cups of smoothie between CHOC and the drive home,
Dempsey requested a grilled (toasted really) cheese sandwich.

My happy place.
I can cry looking at these images.

Another blessing from a dear, dear woman- Pam D.
I love how she didn't forget our Sawyer!

That's right, folks... this kid is going trike riding after having a needle in his spine just hours earlier.

Triking like a BOSS!

...because lets be real... hard days call for comfort food.
This is shepherds pie... almost like my late grandmother, June, used to make.

STOP! *whistle blows*
Another sweet and beyond generous gift from Pam D.
Seriously... how cute is this stud muffin?


DAY 2
Morning wii time. *ritual*

Dempsey's breakfast NEOLIFE Shake.
Yes, all those capsules get popped and their contents squeezed into and mixed in.
Ingredients: NEOLIFEShake Berries n Cream powder, almond milk, spinach leaves, Tre en en, Carotenoid Complex, Lecithin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E Plus, reverse osmisis water/ ice.

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich for Demps; egg burrito for Sawyer;
grapes, strawberries, apple slices to be shared

Two of my babies... my oldest (fuzzy butt) Kamatz and my youngest (ginger) Dempsey.

Nap time. It was his idea to take a nap with me in my bed.
Sign me up!

Post-nap hydration.
Just look at that bod!!! *swoon*

Love me some handsome dude in a sweatsuit.
Muscles!

Brothers.

I can't get enough! This is him after a few laps of RUNNING.

Yes, that hair was blown dry.
Get out! Shut up! No way!
I swear.
I've been told it's going to fall out during this phase of treatement.
So, I will play with it, brush it, wash it, blow it dry, photo it as much as I can.


There you have it, friends. A glimpse or two into the life of Dempsey and his ever-loving family. This journey is a roller coaster. I know Scripture tells us to "fear not" or "have courage" or "do not worry"... but, damn, my humanity wins. A mother's heart is a wild thing! It is fierce and feels deeply. I am grateful to God for his continued protection and provision for Dempsey. I try hard to not worry and to live in the moment. It gets harder and harder the more run down I feel. I have a great man as my partner and I cannot beging to describe how utterly hopeless my life would be without him. He is incredible and strong. He loves his family well. We love him so much.

**COMING UP**
I am looking to do an Instagram auction (early November) to help us raise funds for Dempsey. We are coming up to a time where we will need a large amount of funds to cover Dempsey's medical bills.
If you are interested in donating quality items/ goods/ baskets or know someone you think would be willing to do so, please contact me (Coral) here.
If you are interested in posting flyers about this auction in public places/ community boards/ social media/ etc, stay tuned as I will post a PDF that can be printed and an image that can be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment